Leadership / Coaching:
Leaders need a safe place to practice the new leadership skills required for organizations in the 21st Century. To that end, PDSA Consulting facilitates the development of visionary leadership by conducting off-site leadership retreats and monthly on-site leadership meetings.
Additionally, we teach two leadership courses at Bellevue Community College that we make available for on-site client training. We believe that even the best process improvement initiatives will ultimately fail in the absence of inspired leadership to support and maintain the accompanying cultural shift.
We focus on the following leadership competencies:
• the ability to think in terms of systems and know how to lead systems • the ability to understand the variability of work in planning and problem solving
• understanding how we learn and develop, and leading true learning and improvement
• understanding people and why they behave as they do
• understanding the interdependence and interaction between systems, variation, learning, and human behavior ... and knowing how each affects the others giving vision, meaning, direction and focus to the organization using knowledge and imagination in meeting present needs without compromising the needs of future generations
• Consulted with leadership of the finance department at City of Bellevue to develop team-building sessions
• Provide training and coaching to assist staff in a variety of settings to apply quality improvement tools and concepts to reduce costs, improve the number/quality of services offered, and enhance quality of work life
• Provided consultation and facilitation to department leaders and team at Puget Sound Energy on issues such as operating practices improvements, department structural change reviews and department planning retreats
• Helped individuals and teams at PSE clarify their goals, interests, and needs and develop action plans accordingly, enhancing personal and professional effectiveness
• Facilitated electric utility-wide management program, helping participants understand their leadership strengths and development needs, then followed up with individual action plans to address targeted areas